Opened as Lisburn Lane in 1924. In 1925, headmistress was Blanche PEARCE. In 1928, the school was renamed in honour of William Roscoe, a poet born in Liverpool who was very closely involved in the abolition of slavery. The Senior Girls’ School was in Carsfield Rd, and closed in 1975, amalgamating with Queen Mary High School. Head at the time was Miss A E EVANS. The building was used as Queen Mary Lower School for a while.